Thread: Speculation: Where does MacArthur fit?
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
hobarth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
MacArthur is small, he's not that fast, he's not that strong. He's not inclined to fight very hard for the puck, he doesn't really like the corners, so he's useless on the cycle. He's not defensively conscientious, he doesn't bring a lot of energy, he's a terrible playmaker, his production is not that impressive and usually comes when Grabovski is hot or when Kulemin is working hard.

He doesn't bring anything to the team that others around haven't already brought. The age issue has nothing to do with it. We just need a bigger body, a harder worker, more defense or more offense in that spot.
As I've stated his stats are far superior to Kule and in line with Grabbo so I would think that their superior talents, speed, physicality and whatever must be misdirected because they are not accomplishing more and I think that a player that can feed off of another should be considered an asset because we can never be sure if it's not a 2 way street.

I'm more of a fan of TO treating the rest of the NHL as it's farm team rather than sending players who are producing to other teams for unproven youth or draft choices. Mac is not without warts as is the case with most players but now is the time to exploit what he can give rather than give him away for someone who may never meet even his modest accomplishments.

So for me unless TO receives equal or greater payment moving Mac makes no sense.

hobarth is offline   Reply With Quote