View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:50 PM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
I've thought about this some more and while I'd like to see Markstrom up instead of Clemmer and believe that a Theo/Markstrom combo will give us the best chance to win, I don't see this as feasible or likely to happen.

We just re-signed Clemmensen to a two-year deal. There is no way we cut him loose after even a handful of games. In a shortened lock-out season, I can't see us playing enough games to justify cutting someone who we just signed. Maybe if it was a normal 82 game season, I could see it happening if he played really poorly by the halfway mark, but not this season.

It's the same reason why Kuba may be benched here and there, but it is very unlikely that he is cut loose or traded. It would make for some very bad PR and harm our desireability for future free agents.

So maybe we see Markstrom come up for a couple games, and maybe he leads to a benching of Clemmenson, but I think Theo/Clemm is our go-to duo for this season. For better or worse.

don't really disagree with anything you say. i don't think it's going to happen.

but i think it should happen.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote