Thread: Speculation: Where does MacArthur fit?
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
As I've stated his stats are far superior to Kule and in line with Grabbo so I would think that their superior talents, speed, physicality and whatever must be misdirected because they are not accomplishing more and I think that a player that can feed off of another should be considered an asset because we can never be sure if it's not a 2 way street.

I'm more of a fan of TO treating the rest of the NHL as it's farm team rather than sending players who are producing to other teams for unproven youth or draft choices. Mac is not without warts as is the case with most players but now is the time to exploit what he can give rather than give him away for someone who may never meet even his modest accomplishments.

So for me unless TO receives equal or greater payment moving Mac makes no sense.
Stats don't tell the full picture, especially when you're cherrypicking an aggregate and ignore the fact that he's steeply declined in effectiveness since he re-signed.

MacArthur is a compiler on a junk team and useless on a contending team. If anyone wants to give us a first round pick for him, I'd gladly act like someone else's farm team. I mean, what are you expecting, someone give us Jamie Benn?

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote