Old
02-07-2013, 12:26 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I've supported Clemmensen before so it's not as though I hate him.

With that said, I don't see how anyone could possibly think he played well last night.
He allowed only 2 goals in regulation because the Jets didn't really create much in terms of offense.

He made a couple of nice saves. One on Antropov and he also had a good one at the end of the 2nd period on Thorburn imo.

With that said, the first goal was weak (don't care if Ellerby deflected that).
The other goals I won't blame him for although I didn't consider them unstoppable.

At the end of the day, his rebounds were terrible. How many shots without screens from the blueline did he give up terribly long rebounds on? I saw him bobble a shot that hit him square in the glove.

I said at the beginning of the game that he looked shaky before he even faced a shot on the GDT. Fortunately, it took over half a period for the Jets to get a shot off. Their first shot hit the post.

A couple of Clemmensen's "saves" got behind him.

With that said, I think he's a better goalie than he's shown thus far. Let's not forget that he's a big reason why we made the playoffs last year. He went 14-6-6 with good #'s.

For what it's worth, I think we all knew our goalies wouldn't play like they did last year and they haven't put up the same type of #'s (not all their fault of course).
This x100

I am willing to jump on board the hate Clemmer train, but let's be honest. The guy proved with a similar team in front of him last year that he is capable.

He seems to be a streaky goalie. When he plays well, he's pretty good out there and more than reliable. When his confidence is off, you'd have to be blind not to notice.

It's a really tough situation because with a shortened season, we can't exactly wait around for Clemmer to find his game.

With that said, Theo hasn't looked like anything special after the first two games of the season, so I don't think either goalie is a bad option at this point. It's a shame too because it finally looks like we have a team that can get some scoring but of course our goaltending begins to falter

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote