View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
If I'm going to nitpick the D, an early play stuck with me... Brennan backhanded a D-to-D pass behind the net to Sulzer under light pressure, but it was out of Sulzer's reach and Ottawa gained possession; they continued to press us in our zone until Enroth was able to freeze a SOG... I think I muttered c'mon the moment they botched that pass and knew a chance was imminent... I also was disappointed to see Brennan miss the net on two prime PP chances, though I think he'd be better served as a focal point on PP2 with his shot than in the role he had on PP1. .
It looks like I nitpicked the only "failure" of Brennan-Sulzer.

More Buffalo/Ottawa Zone Exit Data from Yost:
Quote:
Quote:
Also quite clear: the Buffalo Sabres had a nightmare first in the defensive zone. The Leopold/Weber pair struggled mightily -- eight times (!) they failed to clear the zone and turned possession back to the Ottawa attack. Compounding the issue, on their six clean clears, only one ended directly with an offensive zone gain for the forwards. Comparably, Myers and Pardy were better at getting the puck up-ice, but not shown on the table is how often the two would be hemmed in their own zone, with Ottawa controlling the play.

Woodhouse is online now   Reply With Quote