Green--See Campbell
Bouwmeester--can eat minutes, but that's about it
Seabrook--if they want the chemistry with Keith
Giordano--steady and solid, if unspectacular
MacDonald--see Giordano
Boyle--could see it, was there last time around
Bieksa--not sure how well he'd translate to the big ice
Hamonic--too soon?

Really, aside from maybe Campbell or Boyle (or Green, though he might be too one-dimensional), Coburn vs the other guys is pretty much a wash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
Seabrook is an easy one.
Hamhuis?

Boyle and Campbell are two older guys who could take a spot. Bouwmeester would be a deep sleeper. I personally think Vlasic would be a good fit and is undervalued.

Subban over Coburn?

Ferraro's list is essentially who it would be if they were competing today, but within a year we could see guys like Del Zotto, Ju. Schultz, Ellis, Oleksiak, Savard all take big steps forward. Or guys like Green return to form.

And people will automatically scorn this idea, but we should give Phaneuf a look.

There is a HUGE number of guys that could fill up that last spot on the taxi squad, depending on what the GM feels is the biggest need.
There's arguments to be made for Garrison, Bieksa, Giordano, Gorges, Klein, Beauchemin, Jackman, White, Wideman, Demers, MacDonald, or Schenn, and more.

Some people would say it's an easy decision, and there are definitely some names easier to cross of that list than others, but if the GM really wants to defend their gold, they had better consider and take a look at all their options, instead of just taking the easy names.
Thanks. I don't see how Coburn is THAT outrageous of a choice but I would definitely pick someone like Seabrook over him. Some of those guy listed are definitely questionable and could end up a way better choice in about a year down the road.