View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Maybe he is a smarter player & isn't that what a lot of people on here want, less fighting. I saw him make numerous good smart plays last night including several good passes that developed into good scoring chances. I find ever line he plays on seems to be better. Spezza credited him for creating space for him, Maclean said Greening, Smith & Neil was his best line for a few games at the start of the season & Regin seemed to play a lot better last night with Greening & Neil. I feel the same about Smith, they help to make other players better.

I would also like to see him be meaner but I doubt it's in his nature to be a nasty SOB. That said, he still plays an effective game doing all the little things few people notice like taking a few faceoffs last night. IMO he is a versatile & valuable player for Ottawa that can play anywhere in the lineup & make that line better.
A player can be smart and physical. Neil is a good example of that. He only fights, goes for big hits or tries to stir the pot when the team needs a momentum shift. He borders on being a dirty player with his hits but he never crosses the line; that is why he has never been suspended. He also rarely takes an unnecessary penalty or a penalty that hurts the team or leads to a momentum shift.

So ideally with all of Greening's athletic gifts, he would be more imposing out there. If he played with more of an edge he would be a more valuable asset to this team.