Thread: Speculation: Where does MacArthur fit?
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 12:34 AM
hobarth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Stats don't tell the full picture, especially when you're cherrypicking an aggregate and ignore the fact that he's steeply declined in effectiveness since he re-signed.

MacArthur is a compiler on a junk team and useless on a contending team. If anyone wants to give us a first round pick for him, I'd gladly act like someone else's farm team. I mean, what are you expecting, someone give us Jamie Benn?
We should hope but as Leaf fans we seem to think we live in a insular world where we are the only team that has players with warts but rarely does another team trade their players unless they think his warts are in excess of his contributions.

IMHO Mac is a useful player capable of assuming many roles and last year should show that, +/- stats on a team that is as bad as TO is defensively is very telling.

Generally I would say that a lot of people are turned off by Mac but embrace Kule with his 7 goals last year and what looks to be a similar year this year. There is a very definite bias towards physicality and potential which are good but I'm more of a results guy. I feel that a team can move forward with results better than with a career marginal player like Ward, who is physical, or draft choices that may or may not pan out. Since Mac is producing results now I think we should keep him.

Look around the NHL some teams only had 1 20 goal scorer others only 2 yet TO fans are again ready to remove their noses in spite of their faces.

hobarth is offline   Reply With Quote