View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:08 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Yes I share your mother's skepticism about Housley.

Bylsma will get the nod. He's the man. The real thing is, who's going to be the GM? Maybe Burke, Poile or Shero???

If Housley get's a new gig somewhere I think he might be lined up for 2018 though.
Considering Burke is currently out of work I don't see that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
A Canadian's attempt at an American roster.

Zach Parise - Joe Pavelski - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Ryan Kesler - Jason Pominville
Max Pacioretty - David Backes - Phil Kessel
Dustin Brown - Paul Stastny - Ryan Callahan
TJ Oshie

Ryan Suter - Kevin Shattenkirk
John Carlson - Ryan McDonough
Keith Yandle - Erik Johnson
Cam Fowler

Quick/Miller
Schneider

I started by typing out guys that should definitely be in the top 6. I came up with 7 names, but also realized something.

1. The US has a ton of scoring wingers, not a ton of pass-first players, especially centers. I would have loved a chance to put Kesler on the wing, where his skills are better suited on a stacked team like this, but then that would leave on Pavelski as a natural center and a guy like Ryan, Kane or Parise would have to play there.

2. Phil Kessel is probably the least versatile "star" player in the league, and that it why I left him out of the top 6. I had a hard time finding 2 other players that made me say "that would make a good line". If he is hot going into the olympics, you gotta stick him on the top line. If he's not, is it even worth taking him overseas?

Defence was hard to pick. Not as much high-end talent as the Canadians, but a lot of solid players, especially great skaters. Tried to pair offensive first guys with partners that could cover them, which made it hard to fit Fowler into the top 6.

Quick or Miller in net, can't go wrong. Who ever is playing the best going in I guess.
Considering Allen was signed to cover Fowler and it's been a role reversal with Fowler playing double D to cover for Allen's dunderheaded mistakes, I'm gonna go ahead and say that come November-December, Cam won't need someone to cover him.

Don't get me wrong, if Fowler gets left out there will certainly be justifiable cause, but if USA wants mobility and two way play (something I'm happy to finally be able to brag about) Cam is certainly up to the task. Even if just as the 6th defender.