View Single Post
02-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Mystic MacK
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think Barrie could contribute if you give him a chance.

While the team has flaws, I think the biggest problem is that we never get to use the players we have. There has been no team as ravaged by injuries as Avs have been the last five years. Possibly the Islanders.

If we had O'Reilly and a healthy group of forwards, I think the team would be much stronger this year. Instead of taking advantage of line mismatches, we have to match strength against strength with Duchene's line (they have done a good job) and then roll out Olver/Sgarbossa/Hejduk/Jones etc against the weaker lines. Combine that with our defense being a non-factor offensively, we are very easy to play against.

I think we have a lot of really good pieces here, but we need to stay healthy and a few key additions (be it from our prospects or through trades).

I don't see how we keep Sacco much longer, but if he survived a season where we ended 29th, who knows.
I really think the missing players thing is a bunch of BS. Sure they would be better with Lando, and O'Reilly, but look at what they have on their top lines. Duchene, Stastny, Jones, McGinn, PAP. Those are pretty good players, and Mitchell has been a pleasant surprise also. Their D is basically healthy as well too outside of Wilson, and Varly except against Anaheim has been amazing.

This team has a lot of problems, and I don't think it's as simple as one thing or another, including injuries.

Last edited by Mystic MacK: 02-07-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote