View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:23 AM
frankiedue
IT'S OVER!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Because he just got traded for a 5th round pick and you want to compare him to our newest first round pick? That right there should raise a red flag. Matteau will ultimately develop into a better all around player and I'm not wasting my time to explain or justify myself.
I agree with Eggers. Just because he got traded for a 5th round pick means his upside is lower than Matteau's??? Remember, Loktionov has lost almost all value because it is believed he will sign with the KHL after this season is over. He is also having a "down" year in the AHL compared to previous years (only 22 points in 37 games).

What can we really hope for Matteau in his prime years? A physical 2nd/3rd liner who can score 15-18 goals?

The scouting reports on Loktionov talk about 1st line potential. He scored almost a point per game pace as a 19 year old in the AHL. So he couldn't crack the lineup of a Stanley Cup team who is stacked down the middle. That means his upside is lower than that of a 2nd/3rd liner?

None of us really know what will happen with these players, but as a prospect analysis, you have to say Loktionov has higher upside than Matteau.