View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:47 AM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
To me, hitting a ppg game is a nice indicator that he's back to where he was pre-injury...where I think he had 18 pts in 18 games in the season he blew out his knee. Obviously I'm not gonna lose sleep over him being off that pace ever so slightly...
I'm saying that 38 vs 42 isn't going to be necessarily representative of anything, especially considering you have zero context. You don't know anything about the WHL, his conference, his teammates probably. You're just arbitrarily assigning a nice "round" number to mark his progress based in nothing. It's based in literally nothing. How about learning about his teammates or some of his circumstances and getting some reports of his play as an indicator? He is way past wherever he was at the beginning of last season pre-injury, it's not even up for discussion.

His game has improved significantly since then, points have nothing to do with it really. His offense is still there and not leaving anytime soon at the junior level. Did anyone say Doughty regressed in his 18 year old year? People that stat-watch to make judgements on prospects, particularly defensemen, with close to zero context infuriate me.

Just because he didn't get a PPG doesn't mean crap, he's still a great prospect and getting 40 vs 50 pts shouldn't really change his standing in the mind of any reasonable person.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote