View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 02:07 AM
okcomputer

vCash: 500
One thing that has been bothering me is the play of Erik Johnson. I have been waiting patiently for him to turn out to be this minute eating monster who consistently puts up points but it hasn't happened.

I have noticed he does well defensively, especially on the boards, but he does make judgement errors like the bad pass to hunwick who eventually coughed it up and Benn from Dallas scored. I also often see him in front of varly with his stick in the air which I don't like. He needs to have that stick down and in lanes and also in control of his zone.

Offensively, he plays well in the transition and is good at skating it up to set the powerplay. However, in the O zone he doesn't seem like a threat. His slapshot is hard but inaccurate, he seems slower to make a move than other d-men and I don't see him take one timers.

At this point I can't see Erik Johnson being a guy like Karlsson, Suter, Oliver-Ekman Larsson, pietrangelo, etc. He needs to release faster and probably get a d partner on the point who can feed him on a regular basis.

I see I am just expanding on your point Foppa2118, and I agree with you that he needs a good d partner to take some of the load off.

Last edited by okcomputer: 02-07-2013 at 02:13 AM.
okcomputer is offline   Reply With Quote