View Single Post
02-07-2013, 02:14 AM
The OG Kesler Hater
vCash: 457
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Because this whole 'shoot-first' thing is complete and utter ********. Kesler was a shoot-first player last year because that's the only way his line could get any offense. That was their gameplan, shoot it on net, get rebounds, try to bang them in. Rinse and repeat. We have one year of Kesler being a shoot-first guy and suddenly that's all he knows how to do?
It's not all he knows how to do. It's just what he's preferred and has used increasingly before last year. Many of us noticed (I believe you too) during his 40goal season, that he was over utilizing his shot after the Allstar break. and were growing increasingly frustrated. I also believe it was you who pointed out his lack of ES points after the Allstar break of that year.

Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
If we're going to call Kesler a shoot-first player, then perhaps we need to call Lupul one too? Shoots just as much as Kesler does. Then again, I don't think either of them is — they just like to shoot, it doesn't define their game.
I'll just disagree here. At this point, Kesler's shot is what defines his offensive game.

Edit: I agree with Biturbo entirely.