View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 02:38 AM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Yeah he's settling down a bit which is nice. Still a tad out of sync with his teammates sometimes, but he has a somewhat unorthodox style of play.

Still it's funny to see how excited he gets, he was hopping up and down like a little kid on Christmas when Hemsky scored

Love his enthusiasm.
I agree with the unorthodox play... he's an elite talent and he does some things "oddly", some strange moves and passes to odd places where teammates "aren't".

I think it's going to take time for him to get chemistry fully going with his linemates but one thing about elite players with unique moves is that it's very tough for opponents to predict and guess what they are going to do as well and with Yakupov's speed and shot AND passing abilities... he's going to be absolutely lethal in years to come.

That wrister that he clanged off the post was all-world. There are VERY few players that can move full speed and get a release off like that where the goalie basically is still watching the player and the puck is behind them before they can react to the shot. Yak is one of those players. We haven't even come close to seeing his full abilities yet (obviously) and I know he's going to be an absolute beast in this league very soon.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote