View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:01 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Why blame just the defense though? The team in general has been horrible at ES.

Majority of the goof-headed plays from the D has been from that bottom pairing.

Petry/Smid have had a couple F-up moments in the past few games, but the majority of their minuses are coming from some HUGE mistakes from some of the forwards (Yakupov, Gagner, Eberle - poor backchecks, early zone-exits, etc), as well as facing top opposition forwards every game.

N.Schultz is to blame for his own minus - anytime he's not with J.Schultz he looks really vulnerable.

J.Schultz plays a very effective ES game to be honest, it's just that because our forwards aren't up to par yet that he's even sitting at a slight +1.

The majority of our minuses can be attributed to a 50/50 split:

1) Whitney-Potter
2) Gagner (giveaway), Yakupov (weird back-checks x2), Eberle (early zone exit), and Hall (leaving his point-man open)
Petry/Smid are our shutdown pairing.

They are SUPPOSED to be facing the opposition's top lines every night.

Do you suggest Whitney/Potter would be a better alternative?

Perhaps the rookie Justin Schultz?

Im not blaming just the defense. Im looking at them as an entire unit, who only one of which is actually contributing offensively and defensively for that matter.

The other five, four especially have been a disaster. Whitney and Potter being the most obvious offenders, but Smid and Petry have been close behind, particularly Petry.

On a night where everyone is concerned about the center position, there may indeed be equally pressing concerns about the back end. Frankly they are a disaster.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote