View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:04 AM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Unless Reese plays well, if he gets any playing time, then he gets claimed and WBS loses another solid defender. It is what it is, hope Lovejoy can rebound with the Ducks, Bortuzzo quickly out played him and pushed him down on the depth chart (which was happening way too often to Ben, every time someone was called up).
Unless it changed in the new CBA that I missed, Reese would have to play 10 games or be up with the big club for 30 days before he had to go back through waivers again. Niskanen should be back well before then, so fortunately that shouldn't be a problem.

--------------

At the end of the day, I think the best seven defensemen ended up sticking on the NHL roster. How the Pens got to that point is still up for debate and I agree with those who would rather have kept Strait initially over Lovejoy. Going forward, I'm glad Despres and Bortuzzo were the two that stuck with the big club.

Hell, this wasn't even the hard part. That will come in the spring when the front office has to choose which defensive prospects to keep and which to shop for pieces for a run at the Cup.