View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:13 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I'm not arguing that this isn't true, I'm just saying you can't blame a line like that for going minus when:

a) the forwards are playing bone-headed at ES

and

b) they're facing the opposition's toughest lines every game.

It's a recipe for accumulating minuses - even if you're playing a decent shut-down game (other than the 1st SJS game we really haven't been "dominated" by an opposition top line yet the way we used to).

In other words, their -5/-6 looks MUCH worse than Potter/Whitney's. I feel they'd be closer to even if we could score at ES.
They arent contributing offensively or defensively. They arent even playing very well when not being pressured, and when they are, they start running around and missing assignments. They are not always playing with the full of holes second line. They play with the top line too. If they cant cut it then we will have to find someone who can or be content with perpetual losing.

Replacing some of the poor defenders up front may help, but they still arent scoring. Petry has zero points. Whose fault is that? Hordichuk's? At some point they have to take responsibility. It cant always be the other guy's fault.

I am the Liquor is online now   Reply With Quote