View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:33 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
They're producing but like I said in the other thread, I think it's mostly due to better puck luck and easier match-ups for the 2nd line.

The first line still by far out chances probably our other 3 lines combined on most nights. They're snake bit something fierce right now (Eberle again tonight misses a wide open net, Hall tries to go through the legs because he's upset about missing the penalty shot the other night, etc. etc. etc.).

Tonight was the first game I actually thought the 2nd line played well as a complete unit, as in Yakupov getting more involved and more touches. Soon he will be the straw that stirs the drink on that line, his shot is unreal.
2nd line forwards are outscoring first line forwards 12-5 right now. A lot of the points that the 1st line has is a direct result of J Schultz being the best player on this club this year.

When you got the elite players on a line supported by an elite D you should be able to hold your own in the league. At some point they have to.

For the first 3 games of the season the Gagner line was getting the tough matchups. Thats how the season started. Check back to the first Vancouver game and the first SJ game and you see that.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote