View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 03:41 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
While they were shut out tonight, the best line the last few games is the Klingberg- O'Dell and Mouillerat line.
I really liked the Telegin-O`Dell-Klingberg line at the start of the season... too bad with all the injuries and all.

Quote:
Melchiori is a bright spot on the Caps D

(...)

Melchiori reminds me a lot of Ramsey for all you Moose fans, with good defensive awareness like Ramsey. I did notice he has a speed advantage over Rammer. He got a lot of minutes, much more then O'Neill who had several turnovers in his limited minutes.
This is wonderful to hear. Some scouts have been quietly optimistic about Melchiori, stating he has more upside than any of our D prospects not named Trouba (Redmond and Postma aren't prospects to me while they remain on the roster). While never will be an offensive weapon his ability to read play, gap control, and 4-way movement has impressed me even in juniors. Good to hear about speed coming along too; apparently his speed and acceleration were Gary Roberts primary areas of focus for him last off-season.

Any more you could say about him IceCap fans?? I haven't watched many games since the lockout ended and school returned.

I hope he continues improving and fills even bigger minutes for you guys next season!

You'll be getting another similar gem in Yuen next year. Little more offense (not much), better skating, but not as big.