Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
I agree with the ones who say Coyle hasn't really earned that spot. He's played a grand total of one NHL game. He played fine (considering it was his first game), but still. Performance-wise he has no business there at this point. And I don't think Parise being small warrants placing Coyle there either, because as has been pointed out, Parise can more than hold his own physically.

Even Yeo has to know Granlund would eat a bucketful of slugs or run circles around the arena for 12 hours straight just to be given the same chance Coyle's being handed without any real merit right now. However, I think this is meant as a message to Heatley first and foremost, but you can't avoid sending Granlund another (very negative) message at the same time. Collateral damage.

Still, I'm trying not to blow this out of proportion with so little actual knowledge available. We'll see what happens, but right now I'd say this team simply cannot afford not to overlook the Koivu/Granlund card much longer. If the current trend continues and Yeo refuses to turn that stone, then I'll stop trying to understand him.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote