View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 07:18 AM
RampageNate

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
i respect your opinion. you've seen them play much more than i have (only 2-3 times). but this is not the picture Dan Weiss portrays on twitter.

he's said on various, various occasions that Markstrom has stolen games for the Rampage and insinuated several times that Markstrom is an unworldly talent, and playing up to that talent on a consistent basis. calling the team in front of them a "disaster" may have been over the top, but it was just to portray the message that he's stealing games and has the ability to do the same here.
And Dan is absolutely correct. I can't count the number of "wows" and "oh my's" that have come out of everyone in the press box when Markstrom plays. And I completely agree that he's ready to play in the NHL.

I just took issue with the "disaster" comment. There are good players on this team and they play a sound defensive system. Injuries, the lack of an even average power play, and the competition during the lockout has put this team where they are in the standings.

My whole argument against Markstrom going up is two-fold. I believe that, with as much as he would play, the difference in points would be minimal and it's not worth potentially killing the depth at the position by trading away or exposing Clemmensen to waivers THIS season. If you do this move, if Markstrom or Theo gets hurt, the season is done, IMO.

RampageNate is online now   Reply With Quote