View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
I went to the game last night against Rimouski, and Drouin was easily our best forward on the ice. He was always in position, including going to the front of the net to tuck it in for his 2nd of the game.. He made some fancy plays, but nothing that coughed up the puck.. He was able to play the body a few times in the corner, and when it was him getting hit he was back up in a split-second and instantly back in the play.. When the game went to a shootout, he was so clutch.. if he had missed, they could have won on the next shot. Him and Weegar were truly the deciding factors of the game.

Then we get to MacKinnon.. He seemed so disorganized during the game, always wanting to be "the guy".. His speed was sensational, and he wasn't afraid to muck it up in the corner.. but when it came to having the puck.. he was flat. I was truly disappointed with him, which lately, I find myself feeling more and more. He managed to score, but it was really a fluke.. he fell, made a desperation shot that went in off the Rimouski players skate. When it came time for the shootout, he was first up and missed. He tried to be fancy and just lost track of his shot. In a game as big as this was, the 1st and 2nd ranked teams against each other.. You basically expect your star player to bring his A-game.. and he really didn't.