View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 09:20 AM
The Yzerman
1983 - 4th Overall

vCash: 500
Franzen (3.95M until 2020) + Tatar (0.845M) for Kessel (5.4M until 2015).

The Leafs save some money in the short run and could sign other FA. They also get a big-bodied presence and a promising FW prospect, which I don't think they have a lot of.

Detroit gets a potent sniper who actually can skate / gives a 100%. Kessel is also a right-handed shot.

Why I think it could work : Nonis is trying to put his predecessor's mistakes behind him and Kessel isn't scoring right now, which could be the buy-low price the Wings need. The Wings also could be looking to shake things up by sending Franzen to the East and giving Tatar some ice-time. As far as I know, there is no bad blood between Holland and Nonis and they could get the ball rolling.

Why I think it might not work : Franzen is signed realy-long term and could turn off some teams. Kessel is only in a slump right now, but he could pot 3 next game and all is forgotten. Really, I'm only trying to do a trade that could help the Wings, but Kessel might not be the man to target, as could Franzen not be a valuable trading asset.

The Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote