View Single Post
02-07-2013, 09:28 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr America View Post

None of those other guys offer anything that some league minimum player couldn't offer.

And did I miss reading where Marc Staal said he was planning on coming here?
As I said... LIKELY not signing those... You're right, they all basically play at minimum value levels right now. I think LaRose is the most likely to go. He's not going to get top line minutes anymore, so it doesn't make sense to keep him around at that salary. He may be a good locker room guy, but he's a bit expensive for the role he plays.

Only ones I think we may try and re-sign are Sangs and Ellis, unless Brent and Nodl are content with re-upping at minimum wage salaries. Sangs is good for defensive depth, as long as we're not playing him big minutes a night. Ellis has shown he can be a top end backup, which we have desperately needed for a while. Everyone else? Meh, replaceable.

As for Marc... You KNOW we're going to make a run at him, and you KNOW the family pressure for him to join his brothers will be there. Really, at this point, in 2 years from now, I think him hearing about how much fun the other 2 are having together might put us at the top of his list of places to sign if he doesn't re-up in NY. All speculative, but then again, we all said the same thing about Jordan last year, and look what happened.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote