View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 09:37 AM
ihatebraydenschenn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
I prefer PS also.

Mainly because I come from the Nintendo / SNES / PS1 Console Progression.
What does that have to do with your controller preference? My first gaming memories were NES. The first console I purchased was SNES, followed by PSX, PS2, Xbox, PS3, 360 (my parents were cheap and only bought me the least expensive console/handled of the bunch, I always had to buy the other consoles myself).

I come from the same era as you but strongly prefer the Xbox 360 controller. The OG Xbox controller sucked mighty nuts. The Controller S was a little better, but I felt that it needed shoulder buttons similar to the PSX/2 controller. What did Microsoft do? Move the Black/White buttons to the shoulders.

One of the best things about the Xbox controller are the triggers. The R2/L2 buttons are absolutely annoying and inaccurate on the PSX/2/3. You would think Sony would actually put some thought into the design, or perhaps just mimic the Xbox controllers triggers. But, no. Let's not forget that the first PS3 controllers lacked the simple and decade-old rumble feature. Thank god that stupid Boomerang controller died in beta stage.

EDIT: Used gaming.. The new consoles aren't going to prevent you from playing a used game. The future of gaming, and software in general, is heading towards digital media rather than physical media. There won't be any used games because there won't be any used pieces of physical media.

Last edited by ihatebraydenschenn: 02-07-2013 at 09:45 AM.
ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote