View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Beardy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
I have no doubt that the team signs Marc Staal. I would be shocked if he even gets any other offers...as most are assuming he'll be here ASAP anyhow. Then, the Canes will have that unique distinction of having all 4 brothers in their system, even if Jared is playing in the ECHL! I'd almost bet a paycheck, that at some point, early in the 2015 season, all 4 Staal brothers will be on the ice for the Canes for 1 game.

And I see no reason to pay LaRose more than $800,000. He's extremely overpaid, and may end up as trade deadline trade bait, along with one of our younger d-men, like McBain.
I mean, think about it... No organization is allowed to tamper with any player while he's still under contract with someone else, but we now have all 3 of his brothers in our organization, all living in the same state within a couple hours of each other, and our biggest need for likely this year and next will be a true 1st line d-man. Even though the Canes organization cannot say anything to Marc, you know at every single family function they're going to be talking to him about joining the Canes, and how much the team could really use him, and how awesome it would be for all of them to win the Cup together with the same team. Right now, I just don't see how we aren't going to have him playing for us within a few seasons.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote