Thread: Proposal: Ott-pit
View Single Post
02-07-2013, 08:55 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I have a clue. I wouldn't displace Despres for Gonchar at all. I have seen that movie before with Sarge. I don't want to see the sequel. There is only one guy 35 or over that I want Pittsburgh to acquire that will be available. He is from Calgary. Outside of him, I have no desire to see another aging vet come in where I don't think its warranted. Despres needs to play.

Trading Kennedy for Gonchar makes little sense for Pittsburgh for starters. If you were in fact a Penguin fan and knew the depth at forward, you would know what I mean. This is foolishness.
He did not mention TK or the need for forwards over dmen at all, just that despite age Gonchar is playing at a higher level then Despres is RIGHT NOW, not in the future. Whether true or not that was his point , and as a sens fan with season tickets , I can attest to Gonchar playing at a fairly high level and while maybe not as high as Depres would for sure help your depth , pp and has proven before great leadership abilities and locker room presence. The whole he would not be in your top 7 comment is hyperbole to try and prove a point.

sens613 is offline   Reply With Quote