Thread: Proposal: Ott-pit
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 08:56 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Fair enough. Though, although PIT does have a lot of D prospects, playoff experience is invaluable, and Sarge has a lot of that. You don't necessarily want to throw young guys into the fire of the playoffs right away, and Sarge could help with that. Regardless, I am fairly certain that come deadline time, we'll either be in a playoff position, or at least in the running, so I doubt that he moves to PIT or anywhere else anyway.
Yes, playoff experience helps and he has it. That said, everyone of our defensemen, except Bortuzzo, has play-off experience. He goes to the pressbox when Niskanen comes back and he has play-off experience. Despres in his infancy has play-off experience from last year and he held his own (too bad the rest didn't).

As long as you hold your own offensively with the loss of Spezza (that sucked), Ottawa will be in the playoffs. I'm sure he has more value to Ottawa than he has for Pittsburgh.

I still have a sour taste in my mouth for his lack of effort in game 7 a few years back versus Montreal.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote