View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Roster talk about Canada's 2014 Olympic team has already begun. Here's Ray Ferraro's attempt at a potential team.

Not only does he have a lot of questionable choices there - Fleury over Luongo, Seguin, J.Staal, M. Staal, Girardi as an offensive weapon, Coburn, to name a few, he also seems to have completely ignored how Yzerman built the 2010 gold medal team. Yzerman placed a heavy emphasis on chemistry, so we'll likely see a lot of pairs brought in again. Like St.Louis-Stamkos, Marleau-Thornton, Seabrook-Keith, etc.

And it seems almost no one expects Iginla to make it. I think it's a toss up personally - the various federations want to increase the roster from 23 to 25, Iginla does have the experience of being there and winning, and we know that Crosby and Iginla have chemistry together. On the other hand, the games will be on bigger ice, Iginla will be 36 closing in 37, he likely won't have a strong start that could push him over the edge, and I don't believe Babcock's all that fond of him. Although it's still up in the air whether or not Babcock returns as head coach. It could be Hitchcock.

Lastly, if Bouwmeester can keep playing like he is under Hartley, he should definitely be under consideration as well.
It all depends, IMO on if they need the extra experience and leadership. I hope he makes it, that would be great, but he really needs to pick it up here and start scoring