Thread: Proposal: Edm & Wpg
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Not a chance I do it. However...I do see it's merit. If Trouba wasn't involved I would be grudgingly do it, because I'm a huge Ladd fan.

I do get what Yak projects to be, but Winnipeg is a Defense first team(not saying Yak isn't defensive) but players like Ladd and Trouba fit the Jets mold better.
I'm not trying to berate you at all, but I tend to think every team in the league is defense first to a point. As much as losing Ladd and Trouba sucks we'd be getting a dynamic future first liner and a veteran but not washed up defenseman that actually fits decent style and position wise with Bogosian. Both of which are huge question marks for the Jets going forward.

We'd be weak at LW after Kane, but Yakupov/Wheeler/Little would be unreal on the right side.

Again, not trying to be "snooty" but to the Oil fan expecting no less than Kane back for Yak I understand. But Trouba is on track to be a phenomenal defenseman in this league so far. It's early, but he's not your average top prospect throw in to a trade.

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote