View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 09:39 AM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Stalberg. But it's absurd to suggest the Hawks trade him at the deadline...if they planned on making a run at the cup this year.
I agree. The only way I see Stalberg being moved at the deadline is if there is a playoff team that needs help on the wings and the Hawks can make a hockey deal. I highly doubt Stalberg gets moved for futures.

Also some people around here need to seriously temper their expectations about which moves will be made before the deadline. The Hawks don't have a lot of redundant value at the NHL level and the prospect pool (while deep) is unspectacular.

Loki just got traded for a 5th. With that in mind what do you honestly think Pirri, Olsen, McNeil, or anyone in the Hawks prospect pool (except for maybe TT and Danault) are worth? The Hawks don't have blue chip prospects. The Hawks don't have the type of can't miss talent that other teams covet. What the Hawks do have is a ton of players who are projected to be NHL regulars, but prospects who look like future 2nd-3rd liners are not going to generate much interest (read as value) around the league.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote