View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
ukyote

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ukyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
I just don't think the interest is there in London, a lot of the city is ethnic minorities and I try to say this without sounding racist but they just generally aren't interested in hockey at all. I think a London club would also struggle to afford imports because of the higher costs of living in London especially housing compared to a northern city like Sheffield.

Plus like you said they never had success in the past, my teammate once told us about when he played for Wightlink Raiders when they were still in the EPL and had a 10 game losing streak at the start of the season, and to cheer up the locker room one of the imports said "It's alright, when I played for the London Racers we didn't win a game until February"
Totally disagree, I used to go to Knights games regularly before the team folded, and the London Arena would usually have 7 - 8k, which is not bad at all for such a tiny sport in the UK. Now there is no pro team at all in London, with such a large (and young) US / Canadian / Eastern European expat population... utter insanity IMO.

ukyote is offline   Reply With Quote