SKATES - Buying Guide and Advice
View Single Post
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Join Date: Jun 2009
A few points to be compact:
- As a boot gets worn in more and more, it gets softer and less supportive
- Yes, ideally, you could bake the CCM skates before deciding to buy. The U Foam is very heat-reactive. Lucky that you have him there to do it for you, many places won't.
- The 9.5 size in the APXs should be the sensation you're looking for. Remember that after baking/break in, your foot should sit back further still
- Without seeing your foot in the boot, I can't tell how severe the depth problem is, use your best judgement on this one. I would recommend keeping them on in the store for a bit and get some good movement/ forward bend as you walk around. Depth has a tricky relationship with lace bite... it's direct for some people but irrelevant for others
- Your concern about stiffness is definitely valid. You haven't skated in a stiff boot for a while (or ever?), so it would be a huge adjustment. You don't need an APX, so why not consider something like 5.0 or 6.0? They are substantially stiff as well. However, they will fit slightly differently than the APX
-Have you tried Supreme?
-No stock footbed is decent in terms of support. The one in the RS has different 'arch height' inserts, but that's more on the gimmicky side rather than functional
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by AIREAYE