Thread: PGT: Habs Lose 2-1
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
Here is a new concept that I am pretty sure all our Center haters can agree on.

Don't like DD? Don't like Pleks? Don't Like Eller? Play with no Centers. That is about the only thing that will end this haters debate.

Then again, people will argue just for the sake of arguing, guess we're back to square one.
Centers are held up to mythical standards around here, apparently they are responsible for all that is good or bad. Poor Galchenyuk better hope he's at least a PPG player within two years or the pitchforks will be out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
I love all of our centers. Our problem is our winger depth. One elite first line winger would go along way. We have a couple 1st line players, but none of them are elite.
Agree, and this is why we should have made an offer for Semin or even Jagr. If Eller and Plekanec are missing breakaways, it's because of how little skill we have up front. Gionta, Cole and Bourque, which is 3/4ths of our top 6, can't pass. I know we are trying to build a culture of toughness, but you also need guys who aren't going to fumble the puck every time they aren't in shooting position. Even Boston up front has Seguin, Horton and Marchand with underrated levels of finesse.

Even Desharnais, who I have been critical about this season, did what he had to. For all the talk of smurfs the problem wasn't getting pushed around, it was that Boston outlasted us.

Last edited by Et le But: 02-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.