View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Budsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Oh I am just saying in general. Not pointing to anyone lol. Pretty much as soon as he starts going on a goal streak, he'll be close to untouchable.
I think Kessel is a core player and is unlikely to be traded and as far as Vancouver trading Schneider, they are still way more likely to trade Luongo and his contract, Schneider has just been signed long term and will be their Goal tender going forward.

Kessel is a little snake bitten at the moment but there are a lot of goal scorers having a similar problem and I'm sure he misses Lupul on the other wing, he is getting his chances but the puck is just not finding the back of the net however he could break out at any time and score a ton of goals.

Even though Nonis has said there are no untouchables, Kessel and Phanuef would be pretty safe and if they were moved it would be for a very big return and one that the GM couldn't ignore.

I think the next trade will be Steckel to Edmonton for a draft choice but it could be expanded to include a defenceman that Edmonton is also looking for.