View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:13 AM
hockeymass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Just being devil's advocate here, but to some that is fun. I'm not saying to go out and hurt people, but if you have a need to get into the other team's head in order to change the flow of the game, you've got to do what you've got to do (within the rules, of course). If anyone gets rough, get rough back and don't be a dick.
I don't really feel like that accomplishes anything but raising tempers. Obviously you have to stand your ground, but I just get annoyed when guys respond to goals by getting salty. It's a game. Respond on the scoreboard.

Here's how I feel. Everyone's there to have fun. There's no scouts in the stands, nobody's gonna hand you a contract because they like your grit. It's fine to step into contact a little bit or push a guy out of the slot, but trying to skirt the rules is just going to get people mad, and the refs shouldn't have to go out of their way to keep everyone in line. Players should police themselves and police their teammates and if you can't contribute without getting chippy then play down a division.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I just really hate when we have to all sit around because two tough guys decided to get handsy. I like scoring goals and I like skating and I can't do those things when it gets out of hand.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote