View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Richer's Ghost
#26 to #25 for #2

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by KovyLove View Post
I hear you and I have my reservations as well...I don't know his game at all but some of things I hear seem to be red flags?

But On Brylin, he was drafted as play making center 42nd overall.

It took him a ton of time to really establish himself in the unique utility role...It was like 4 or 5 years Brylin was up and down between Albany and New Jersey.

The path seem similar at least...And every scouting report I've seen mentions his defensive awareness. That has to be the major reason DeBeor and Lou are willing to take a flyer in my mind...Of course, I'm just speculating but from the description of Loktionov that I've read here, I have to believe the Devils see something entirely different.
Well much like the recent Clarkson talk, Brylin could step up and play top 6 even though his overall skillset wasn't the best suited for it. Spurts here and there, the flash in the pan so to speak, but despite his draft position, did anyone really think Brylin was going to be a top 6 center after his first couple of seasons? He was gifted at passing and the puck possession game. Dude could waterbug around the ice and seemingly avoid the big hits and come up with the puck on a steal or out of a scrum but usually that was his highlight of the shift more than a shot or any sort of "dangle" move. Johnny on the Spot was his mantra. He impressed me the most with being fearless when facing the hard hitting lines and still going after the puck and being smart with vision. I can only hope Loktionov has those traits and that's what develops outside his current list of "pros".