View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 11:41 AM
Huffer

vCash: 590
There's a thread started by someone that says that Burmi's been the best player on the team this year.

It might have been in jest, I don't know. I don't think he's been nearly one of the best players this year, but he has been good IMO.

Opinions on Burmistrov are varied. I think he's been excellent defensively, very good at pushing the play into the offensive zone, and when given two offensive line-mates, has looked very good. IMO, Burmistrov has a role on this team in the near future as a secondary scorer / primary defender type. Hopefully something in the mold of a Jere Lehtinen. 40-50 point seasons, goals from the high teens to high twenties, and elite defense.

Others aren't as sold that his offense will ever get there, or that maybe he's not large enough for our current organization's vision.

He still needs work to get there though. He's got a lot of flash, and good puck and skating skills. He needs to start putting those towards results on the score-sheet. But he's only had sporadic opportunities on the top 2 lines, so it's tough to get a true read on where his offensive potential lies ATM.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote