Old
02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
agree.

the problem is the depth is in PROSPECTS, not on the team itself. And no team wants prospects in-season. At the deadline, teams will want help for NOW, with expiring contracts, and all the Isles have to offer are: Nabokov, Visnovsky, Boyes, Martinek, maybe Streit if you want to deal your captain, at the weakest position no less?

There's nothing coming back that will significantly help this team next year, not for these guys.

Would Streit to the Pens for Olli Maata or Scott Harrington be a deal worth making? What about Streit to Philly for Couturier? or their counter, Wayne Simmonds?

Outside the conference: Streit to DET for Gustav Nyquist or Brendan Smith?

I don't think trades are the way to go.

UFAs is probably a better idea but that will mean a drastic overpayment that is often a bad move, both financially AND on-ice.
The first portion that I bolded was pretty reasonable for a trade deadline proposal. I like Olli Maata...... But then you started getting a bit crazy.. Couturier for Streit???? Are you kidding me?? Couturier is a 6'4 20 year old stud center. He is a huge part of Philly's future. Trading him for a 36 year old declining by the minute defenseman, and I use the word 'defense' very loosely with Streit.. Craziness!!