Thread: PGT: Habs Lose 2-1
View Single Post
02-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Uber Coca
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by b in vancouver View Post
Thought I'd wait a day - My take-away from the game last night as a Bruins fan.

It's nice to see that your team is playing more classic hi-tempo Habs style game again and that your team is finding its identity once again. And that we get to watch our teams play such different styles. I'm actually glad there wasn't any drama last night and the teams just played. We'll still get enough of that so the odd game without as much bad blood is fine.

We are all going to watch a lot of Price vs. Rask showdowns over the next decade. Been figuring that was coming for years but back then I also thought that Pogge would be the 3rd young star goalie in the division so there goes my prognostication skills.

From what I've seen of your team this year, watched a few periods but last night was the 1st full game - is that your team's strengths and weaknesses are related to one another. Your offence seems to need that first smooth pass from your d., which they're excellent at, but it seemed as if the Bruins adjusted and if a team can forecheck or pressure your d-men they get a bit lost. Might be because your forwards don't seem to drop back as much.

The other is that your team seems way more suited for attacking through the middle of the ice. The Bruins are a very good puck pursuit team and pretty tough and it seemed most of the time you guys had to go up the boards as compared to the middle of the ice Boston would be able to rub the player out, limit options, and get the puck back and turn it right back into your zone.

Your bloody power play is back at it, eh. Looked dangerous all game - and that's against the best penalty killing team in the NHL.
Great contribution. The bolded part is the reason why Markov had a bad game.