View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 10:58 AM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
The only issue I see with this is that we may get a better return in terms of "potential" elsewhere.

Sending Kessel to Colorado immediately makes them a better team, thus weakens that 1st round picks value.

Ontop of that, ROR isn't exactly a proven commodity, nor does he have the raw talent that someone may be willing to give up for an established YOUNG player like Phil Kessel is.

Phil is only 25 years old and has has 30 goal seasons the past 4 years, and his last year he established himself at a PPG clip.

This can certainly garner more than ROR and a 1st.

If that is the only type of offer on the market, then Nonis is probably better off holding onto Phil Kessel as he can still be a building piece for this team considering Phil is the type of piece every playoff/contending team desires or needs at some point to put them over the hump.

If it wasn't for this lockout and Phil Kessel put up a 5th straight 30 goal season, that statistic would be in some pretty impressive company.
The question begs, which team is looking for that "gamebreaker" to take them to the next level? Moreover which team has the viable assets the Leafs are looking for?

I was initially thinking St Louis, but with the emergence of Tarasenko I don't see them being interested .. Nashville perhaps, but do they have the pieces? Minnesota is interesting but I don't know if they're necessarily looking..