View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 11:30 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Weaver was better last game. I think Dineen is going with a what have you done lately for me mentality.

Ellerby made two big mistakes in Winnipeg. He tried to block Wheeler's shot on the first goal which deflected and made it more difficult for Clemmer when he should have let him have a clear shot and it would have been stopped. He also screened Clemmer and let Ladd get behind him, adding to the screen. Very poor positionally on that goal.

A night in the pressbox can be a good thing.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Since we have been getting healthy all the scratches have been dependent on what you have done the game before.

I thought Weaver had a good game on Tues, he was actually throwing decent hits, along with making a couple offensive plays. And you can't scratch the Strachan with all the confidence he has, moving the puck and playing a smart physical game.

Don't know how i feel yet about mixing up the top two lines. I thought Hubs - Shore - Mueller looked really good together, interesting that Dineen mixes it up.

I mentioned in the last GDT that I would say a little prayer last night to scratch Kovalev for today, looks like it came true Here's hoping that most of our goals tonight come from the bottom two lines so Dineen can't take anyone out of this lineup.