View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:25 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
not sure about Bernier's trade value now, but I'm pretty sure DL wants to get back into the 1st round of the draft, and is holding out for a team to offer it. In our minds, Bernier should probably be worth more than a mere 1st (he was a first and a potential #1 G), but can't imagine his value being much higher than that now.

But also hard to imagine a good trading partner at this point. A team willing to trade good pieces for a young, unproven goalie will itself be a young, developing team. In that case, it'll most likely be a prospect swap. Unless a team like CHI or TOR who's willing to gamble.
I imagine it will be done closer to the trade deadline or in the off-season. If at the deadline, I could see him going for a rental, such as Iginla. If in the off-season, could be similar to the Lindback deal, which was mostly for picks.

Honestly, I can't think of any area where the Kings need to add prospects at. We could use an upper level prospect as we don't have a blue chipper, but I doubt anyone will move a blue chipper for Bernier.