Thread: PGT: Habs Lose 2-1
View Single Post
02-07-2013, 12:41 PM
vCash: 500
I have to admit I am spoiled after seeing the Habs lift so many Cups over their heads in the 60's and 70's...winning was everything and they did! The players themselves never excused themselves for losing. And it is true...if a rookie had mouthed something about "getting them next time" to some of those vets they would've had their faces slapped around. That applied to exhibition games, as well. The team now has "No Excuses" on their dressing room wall...what does that mean to them? I am a traditonalist....I am an English Canadian with Scottish/German Jewish ancestry and I believe the Habs need more French flavor. One can argue that the talent in the Q is not what it used to be and that is true. However, since The Habs have so much secondary talent from God knows where, maybe it is time for Bergevin and Co. to start filling those spots with local talent from their own backyard instead searching for it overseas, the USA, Ontarioland, or out West. There have to be kids in the Q who would be incredibly proud to wear the CH.