View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:50 PM
pdd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
I don't know about that. I have a hard time seeing Holland sitting in his office with his feet propped up on his desk and chomping on a cigar while watching Wings games, repeatedly saying "I love it when a plan comes together" every time he sees Cleary fall on his own to turn the puck over while getting a score alert that Nyquist has scored AGAIN for the Griffs.
LOL. I love it.

It also should be noted for those who have been bashing Cleary based on his few games this year that he was the top scorer on the Cleary/Helm/Miller third line last year, and a slow start in 2010-2011 didn't stop him from having better numbers (points and goals per-game) than Franzen.

If the Franzen/Z/Brunner and Flip/Dats/Bert lines stay together, we're looking at the following options for a healthy bottom-six:

Samuelsson, Helm, Tootoo, Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller, Emmerton, Cleary, Mursak as guys we started the year with. Someone would be going, likely Mursak (has he even played a shift?)

Helm is a capable third-liner offensively. Nothing special. Emmerton, if given a chance, could probably be a better "offense-style" third-liner than Helm, if we wanted to run 1A/1B, 3A/3B with two top scoring lines, a #1 defense/checking line, and an offense-capable checking line. Something like this:

1A: Franzen/Z/Brunner
1B: Flip/Dats/Bert
3A: Eaves/Emmerton/Samuelsson
3B: Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller
Cleary

Eaves and Bert could be swapped (get Eaves' shot with Dats' passing), or Miller and Eaves.

1A: Franzen/Z/Brunner
1B: Flip/Dats/Bert
3A: Eaves/Emmerton/Samuelsson
3B: Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Miller
Cleary

If we want to incorporate Tatar and Nyquist then we can look at something like this:

Franzen/Z/Brunner
Flip/Dats/Nyquist
Tatar/Helm/Samuelsson
Bertuzzi/Abby/Tootoo
Emmerton
Eaves

If you want to go back to Abby/Helm/Tootoo, you can also try:
Franzen/Z/Brunner
Nyquist/Dats/Bertuzzi
Tatar/Flip/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Emmerton
Eaves

Franzen/Z/Brunner
Flip/Dats/Nyquist
Tatar/Emmerton/Samuelsson
Abby/Helm/Tootoo
Bertuzzi
Eaves

Last edited by pdd: 02-07-2013 at 01:56 PM.
pdd is offline   Reply With Quote