View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alConn View Post

Howard started the first 8 games. He played somewhere between terrible and poop soup against CBJ. Mrazek was called up in time to play against Calgary, a weak team, at home. Instead an overworked Howard plays, who has another weak game because, probably he's exhausted.

This has nothing to do with the Blues getting blown out, that just compounds the fact. Either way, they'd be playing the Blues on the road.

Which is better: (1) a hungry Mrazek at home against Calgary and a well-rested Howard on the road against the Blues, (2) or a tired Howard who played bad in his previous game at CBJ against Calgary, followed by a goaltenders first NHL game on the road against the Blues.
I'm just speaking on behalf of a fellow competitor. Howards a competitor, a workhorse, and your #1. I know when I'm playing in some sort of competition, I don't want to stop 'till I win. I absolutely despise losing. If I give a cruddy performance, I want to get right back into it and redeem myself. Howard's probably many times worse than I am. The fact he's a workhorse and a #1 means I'd give him that second chance without thinking twice. A competitor thrives off of victory. If I'd have to wait for any period of time before I get that chance, I'd go nuts.