View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Thesensation19

vCash: 500
Best Skates on the Market

After 8 years of a lot of hockey I am in need of new skates. I am really happy with how long these have lasted but now the skate doesnt stay tight as much anymore, starting to wear and tear, and causing comfort issues.

I have looked into some skates with minimal detail. Top of line skates are $800, no? Are these worth the price? Could they last me about 6 years with no issues? The only 800 dollar skates I was interested in was the new Easton Mako skates. I like the whole concept. Light, got a high rating in comfort and feel and the way it shapes your foot, bold MLX concept which enables better ankle flex I heard or just fits really well. I really like that they have replaceable parts to it. Got a really good rating. It was a thought but I am really having a hard time wanting to pay for 800 skates.

Can I find a really good pair of skates for $400ish?
600 max?

One thing I am finding with some new skates is their lack of protection in the tongue. I want comfort but protection is most important.

Then I want durability. Can it withstand me playing competitive hockey at least 2x a week for the next 5-6 years, more?

I dont really care for look, its the last thing im worried about.

Whats out there guys?

Best deals. top skates in differ price rangers? Any sales going on now?
Is there much of a differ betwene 800 to 600 to 400 dollar skates.
No real preference in brand