View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
I still want to see them stay patient on defense. They aren't one good defenseman away from being a solid team, and they need to stick with playing who they have.

I don't think they'd trade Goligoski, and I like what Daley brings to the team. Rome is proving he's better than Pardy (I know that's not saying much), but he's fine coming out of the 7th spot or even playing 3rd pair minutes some. They didn't sign him to be a Top 4 D.

Dillon and Oleksiak already seem fairly firm in the Top 6, Dillon more so only because of a games played. We know they like Jordie Benn, and I think he'd still be a consistent Top 6 player on the D right now if it wasn't for him being the lowest ranked D with a two-way contract. Larsen still needs ice time, and Nemeth will push for NHL consideration as soon as next season probably.

The only thing I really want to see is Robidas move. If they can some how manage to land a better veteran D for him (EX: similar to replacing Ribeiro with Roy even though it was two separate deals) then I'm OK with that. Otherwise, just leave the D alone and let them grow. Robidas probably has similar value to all the that moved at the deadline last year. 2nd+3rd was popular, and Gill landed a prospect+2nd.