Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund IV
View Single Post
Old
02-07-2013, 01:27 PM
GORGO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
I have issues with both of these statements in bold..

First off, how can you make the claim that he isn't "that good" after only watching him play 9 games? My gawd....There have been MANY good, really good, and even great players that have gotten off to slower starts than he has. A little patience please?

Secondly, he is not "slow and weak". While he's not a blazer, he definitely has NHL-calibre speed and he isn't weak either. He's over 180 lbs on a 5'10" frame. He's gotten knocked off the puck a few times, but he's going through an adjustment. I thought he looked better against Phoenix on the wing....and I think the wing is where he should stay for the time being.
I would have to agree here: A good comparison IMO would be Derek Stepan of the Rangers: Although i believe DS is bit taller than MG. He is not a real strong skater , and I would consider him weak by NHL standard's, but has tremendous vision and awareness. And although off to a bit of a slow start this year Stepan is Very good in both end's of the rink and has over 100 NHL point's i believe already in a little over 2 year's in the Leauge. I really think in time Granlund will adjust and be a very good 2 way player in this Leauge..Guess we'll see.. eh?